Consume Yogurt for weight loss - Yogurt is one type of probiotic food and is known to be consumed for weight loss. However, not all yogurt products on the market are healthy and effective for weight loss. Some of them actually contain artificial sweeteners and high sugar levels that are not good for the body. To achieve maximum diet results, consider the reviews about yogurt for the following diet!
Yogurt is a dairy product that is fermented by lactic acid-producing bacteria. Despite having almost the same macronutrient composition as milk, the protein, vitamin and mineral content in yogurt is higher. Low-fat yogurt measuring 240 mL contains 50 percent more potassium, calcium, and magnesium than low-fat milk.
There are various benefits of yogurt for health, one of which is to support the success of the weight loss that you are running. The advantage of consuming yogurt for weight loss comes from various nutrients contained in it, such as protein, calcium, vitamins, and especially probiotics that are good for digestive health and the immune system.
The probiotic content found in yogurt helps to release and increase GLP-1 (appetite-lowering hormone), making you feel full longer. Increased levels of this hormone can help the body burn calories and fat. Probiotics can also increase levels of ANGPTL4 protein, which functions to reduce fat deposits.
Besides being useful for bone health, calcium content in yogurt also affects appetite, blood sugar levels, and changes in the lifestyle of good bacteria in the intestine. Some studies also reveal, eating yogurt is believed to prevent obesity, lose weight, lose body fat, and reduce waist circumference.
Read too: Food Good For Diabetes Patient
Choosing Yogurt products for weight loss
There are many yogurt products available on the market, including cow milk yogurt, soy milk yogurt, almond milk yogurt, and coconut milk yogurt. Yogurt cow's milk is rich in calcium and vitamin D, high in protein and low in calories. While soy milk yogurt can be an option for those who are vegetarians or allergic to dairy products. However, this type of yogurt usually contains lots of sugar and calories, so check the packaging label carefully to ensure the sugar and calories.
Yogurt of almond milk is also consumed by vegetarians and sensitive to dairy products. This yogurt is rich in calcium, protein, and low in calories. However, almond yogurt is not recommended for consumption by people who are allergic to nuts. While coconut milk yogurt contains high fat and low protein.
Here are some tips on getting good and effective yogurt for weight loss:
- Check the packaging of yogurt products before buying them to find out the nutritional content and product expiration date.
- It is recommended to choose unsweetened yogurt products and artificial sweeteners. Sugar can be registered under other names such as sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, fruit juice, sugar cane, and agave nectar.
- Choose low-fat or non-fat yogurt products.
- Make sure the yogurt you buy is healthy yogurt, which is higher in protein than the sugar content in it.
- Make sure the yogurt product you buy contains calcium, vitamin D, and live and active bacteria, such as probiotics, with sufficient amounts. Ideally, yogurt contains vitamin D as an important part of your daily calcium needs. Vitamin D content will be written in the form of a percentage (% DV) on the yogurt packaging label.
- To get a sweet taste, you can serve yogurt with pieces of fruit.
- You can also serve yogurt with flaxseed sprinkles that contain fiber and omega-3 fatty acids that are good for body health.
- Avoid eating yogurt with fruit flavors or pieces of fruit in it, because these products generally contain high sugar levels.
Read too: Benefits of Carbohydrates
Storing and Eating Yogurt for weight loss
For those of you who want to consume yogurt as a nutritious intake when weight loss, here are the correct procedures for storing yogurt:
- Store yogurt in the refrigerator after you buy it.
- Spend yogurt in 3 days after the packaging is opened.
- Protect yogurt from other foods that smell bad by wrapping it in rap
- Take as much yogurt as you want to eat into the bowl using a spoon
- To avoid bacterial contamination that will speed decay, do not return the remaining yogurt that is not eaten to the original container.
- And avoid freezing yogurt, because freezing will affect texture and taste.
To get maximum benefits, consume yogurt for a weight loss in the right portion and not excessive. Yogurt is recommended to be consumed once or twice a day. The recommended amount of yogurt in a day is 100-200 grams. For adults, yogurt is safe to consume as much as 200-450 ml per day. You can serve it for breakfast or lunch during the day at the office. Adding yogurt in various food or beverage recipe creations can also be an option to enjoy yogurt for weight loss.
People who have lactose intolerance or have a milk allergy are advised to limit their yogurt intake or not to take them. Consultation with a doctor must be done if you want to eat yogurt for a weight loss but are on treatment or taking certain supplements.