Avoid harmful diseases with the benefits of almonds - Almonds are one type of bean that has good taste. In addition to taste, the benefits of almonds can also help ward off various serious diseases.
Almonds contain many nutrients, including dietary fiber, unsaturated fats, as well as several types of B vitamins, and vitamin E. Almonds also contain minerals that are very beneficial for the body such as iron, magnesium, calcium, and zinc.
Benefits of Almonds
- Reducing the risk of colon cancer. Researchers say consumption of almonds can reduce the possibility of colon cancer because of the fat content contained in it.
- Pressing cholesterol. The benefits of foods that suppress cholesterol can be obtained because almonds are rich in vitamin E. Vitamin E prevents clogged arteries due to cholesterol as well as antioxidants that can protect blood cells from damage. A study revealed, almond consumption is closely related to the increase in high-density lipoprotein (HDL) or called good cholesterol and suppresses the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or bad cholesterol.
- Stabilize blood pressure. People who consume almonds appear to have decreased systolic blood pressure, which is the first number of blood pressure measurements, up to 11 percent.
- Avoid heart disease. Almonds are one type of beans that can increase blood fat which is good for the heart. A study that uses almonds as a snack in certain diets, can reduce risk factors for coronary heart disease.
- Control blood sugar levels. Research conducted on type 2 diabetics revealed that those who ate almonds could reduce drugs compared to those who did not consume the beans. One of the side effects of drugs to reduce blood sugar levels is to make the wearer often feel hungry, so he likes to break the rules of the diabetes diet. The advice to consume almonds for diabetics seems to help people feel full longer, so blood sugar levels are stable, and finally, the use of drugs to control blood sugar can be reduced.
- Helps to lose weight. Although consuming the same number of calories, people who adopt a diet supplemented with almonds lose more weight than a high-carbohydrate diet. The body mass index will decrease by 18% in almond eaters, compared to those who did not consume almonds which only managed to reduce 11%. This means that body fat described by the ratio of height and weight decreases by about 7 percent for those who consume almonds regularly.
Risk of Allergy
Although it has many benefits, it must be considered the possibility of the risk of allergies. If you are known to be allergic to almonds, then avoid all types of foods that contain almonds.
Allergic reactions that occur are very diverse, ranging from symptoms in certain body parts such as oral allergy syndrome to more severe systemic symptoms such as digestive system disorders, breathing, and others.
For those of you who do not have allergies to almonds, you can use it as a source of nutrition that is beneficial to your health. However, limit your consumption of almonds to about 28 grams or a handful every day.
There are various ways to serve, almonds can be used as a healthy snack eaten raw, baked, or included as a complement to the dish. Almonds can also be processed into oil, flour, and milk.
Some dangerous diseases can be reduced by eating almonds regularly. If necessary, consult with a doctor about possible risks of almond nuts.